Students attending UTC Sheffield campuses will study a combination of GCSEs and A Levels alongside a technical qualification in their chosen specialisms.
At UTC Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park the specialisms offered are:
- Health Sciences
- Sport Science
Key Stage 4
At Key Stage 4 students attending both Sheffield UTCs will study GCSE Mathematics, English Language, English Literature and Sciences (Biology, Physics and Chemistry leading to GCSE combined or triple science). Students will also have allocated lesson time for Careers Information, Advice and Guidance, Citizenship, PSHE (Personal, Social and Health Education), Sports and Physical Education, alongside time for independent study and enrichment activities.
Students at UTC Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park will also select two from the following GCSEs to study alongside their core subjects and technical specialism:
- Computer Science
- Physical Education
Students at both campuses who wish to take English Baccalaureate will need to choose French and Geography.
Key Stage 5
At Key Stage 5 students will study a Level 3 technical qualification alongside 1, 2 or 3 A Levels, depending on a student’s ambitions. Students wishing to apply to UTC, must meet the following entry requirements:
- 5 GCSE passes A*-C or equivalent, including Maths and English (those applying for Engineering or Health Sciences will also need a minimum of a C in Science)
- B Grade at GCSE for A Level subjects
- Level 2 options are also available at both campuses, students wishing to apply for this option will need 4 GCSE passes at Grade D or equivalent, including English and Maths, for more information on the Level 2 options at either campus please contact us.
The following A Levels are available:
- Computer Science
- English Literature
- Further Maths
- Level 3 Core Maths
- Level 3 Extended Project options
- GCSE English, Math, and Science resits
There are opportunities for students to choose A Levels available at both campuses. For advice please contact: email@example.com
After finishing at the UTC, students can progress into university, onto an advanced or higher apprenticeship, or directly into employment.
Both UTC Sheffield campuses may also offer Level 2 bridging the gap year at post 16, this provides a step up to Level 3 qualifications after.
For more information please get in touch